“So Good” is the international debut studio album by Swedish pop star Zara Larsson. It was released on March 17th via Epic Records and TEN Music Group. A special japanese version will be available on May 3rd.
This album arrives after the huge success achieved with her first album “1“, released in nordic countries in 2014, including smash single “Uncover“, Top 3 “Carry You Home“ and Top 10 hit “Rooftop“.
Before the arrival of this second album Larsson also released a first EP in the American market called “Uncover” on January 16, 2015 making her proper introduction release in the States.
The first official single “Lush Life“ was released on June 9, 2015 and it has become in her second number 1 single in Sweden. The second single “Never Forget You“, an amazing collaboration with MNEK was premiered on July 22nd and peaked at number 1 on Swedish single chart, and later released internationally on September 11th.
The singer debuted a new song called “Better You” in acoustic during a surprise concert on the electric bus in Gothenburg, Sweden. Some video to go with it was premiered on September 24th.
During an interview with Idolator, Larsson confirmed she worked in the studio with pop genius Dr. Luke. During an interview with Billboard, Larsson confirmed she worked with Max Martin’s team on this new project. She said:
I worked with so many. Me and MNEK have done a lot of other songs. Me and the Max Martin team. Not Max Martin himself, but hopefully next time. The team is really good. The Monsters & Strangerz, I love them so much. And just a lot of super talented people — R. City, Justin Tranter, so many good people. Whoever you meet, they’re like, “I just wrote a No. 1 for this or that.” Everyone has something to brag about, which is what I would do if I wrote that good songs.
During an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Larsson confirmed that the new album will include even more tracks co-written and produced by MNEK, and also a collaboration with hitmaker Max Martin. She explained the album is a combination of pop-styles:
I do pop. Pop is everything from The Weeknd to Taylor Swift to Beyoncé to Rihanna, [and my album is] a good mix of everything. There are some very soulful songs on there, but also electric dance songs, and also pure pop, darker songs with a trap vibe.
Larsson has also worked with hitmakers Stargate and Charlie Puth. During an interview with Digital Spy, Zara confirmed that in her album every song has been written and produced by a different production team. She said:
It’s coming in September and I’ve been working with a lot of different people (…) I would say every song has different writers and producers, which is very exciting because all of the songs are very different
During a recent Facebook chat, Zara has confirmed that the album is “cool pop” and includes 12 tracks. The singer also collaborated with David Guetta on UEFA Euro 2016’s anthem “This One’s for You”, released on May 13th.
The next and third official single from the album “Ain’t My Fault” was launched on September 2nd. During an interview with NME, Zara revealed the name of some tracks and collaborators on the album. After her performance during The X Factor Australia, Larsson confirmed that the album will be out “early 2017”.
Larsson released a new single called “I Would Like” on November 11th, becoming the fourth official single from the album. The track “So Good” including the collaboration of Ty Dolla $ign was launched as fifth single on January 27th.
During a recent interview with Z100 New York, Larsson confirmed there’s a big collaboration coming in Spring as part as some secret project.
- What They Say | Marco Borrero, Mark Landon & Olivia Waithe
- Lush Life | Emanuel Fredrik Abrahamsson, Christoph Bauss, Iman Hulten, Markus Reza Sepehrmanesh, Linnea Anna Soedal & Fridolin Walcher
- I Would Like | James Abrahart, Stefan Johnson, Jordan Johnson, Alexander Izquierdo, Anthony Kelly, Karen Chin, Marcus Lomax, Zara Larsson & Oliver Peterhof
- So Good (feat. Ty Dolla $ign) |Charlie Puth, Danny Schofield, Tyrone William Griffin Jr., Jacob Kasher Hindlin & Gamal Lewis
- TG4M (Too Good for Me) | Joakim Haukaas, MACK & Linnea Södahl
- Only You | Joakim Berg, Michel Flygare, Tobias Jimson, Petra Marlund & Markus Sepehrmanesh
- Never Forget You (Zara Larsson & MNEK) | Zara Larsson, Uzo Emenike & Arron Davey
- Sundown (feat. Wizkid) | Phil Shaouy, Mikkel Eriksen, Jacob Kasher Hindlin, Ammar Malik, Tor Hermansen, Brian Garcia, Zara Larsson & Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun
- Don’t Let Me Be Yours | Zara Larsson, Steve Mac, Johnny McDaide & Edward Sheeran
- Make That Money Girl | John Hill, Ajay Bhattacharyya, Erik Hassle, MACK, Daniel Ledinsky, Victor Mensah & Zara Larsson
- Ain’t My Fault | Zara Larsson, Uzo Emenike & Tiyon Mack
- One Mississippi | Fred Ball & Julia Michaels
- Funeral | Zara Larsson, Jason Gill & Anna Díaz
- I Can’t Fall In Love Without You | Christian Waltz, Hampus Lindvall & Jerker Hansson
- Symphony (Clean Bandit & Zara Larsson) | Steve Mac, Ammar Malik, Jack Patterson & Ina Wroldsen
Special Japan Edition
- Ain’t My Fault (J Hus & Fred VIP Remix)
- I Would Like (Gorgon City Remix)
- This One’s For You (David Guetta & Zara Larsson) | Thomas Troelsen, Ester Dean, David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort & Nick van de Wall
Other Recorded/Registered/Leaked tracks:
- Back Forth | Zara Larsson, Uzo Emenike, Julia Michaels & Justin Tranter
- Beg Me | Patrizia Helander, Hampus Lindvall & Markus Sepehrmanesh
- Better You
- Changes | Sean Douglas, Lauren Fownes, Jonas Jeberg, Zara Larsson & Joel Little
- Clean | Zara Larsson, Uzo Emenike, Julia Michaels & Justin Tranter
- Girls Like (Tinie Tempah & Zara Larsson) | Patrick Okogwu, Zara Lawson & Aleisha Bennet
- Look at Me Now | Wayne Hector, Steve Mac, Zara Larsson & Ina Wroldsen
- Next Mistake | Caroline Furoyen, Christian Langdon & Zara Larsson
- Permission | Alexander Izquierdo, James Abraham Jr., Jordan Johnson, Marcus Lomax, Stefan Johnson, Tinashe C Sibanda & Zara Larsson
- Push Pull | Jerker Hansson, Lina Hansson, Zara Larsson & Hampus Lindvall LEAKED
- Whatever | Julia Karlsson, Zara Larsson, Anton Rundberg & Justin Tranter