“Strength of a Woman” is the thirteenth studio album by American recording artist, singer-songwriter Mary J. Blige. It was released on April 28th via Capitol Records.
It arrives after the success with her experimental project “The London Sessions“, released back in 2014. The 45-year-old R&B diva has been working in the studio with a lot of interesting producers (once again), this time focused on a more urban sound with producers like Hit-Boy, Kanye West, DJ Camper or B.A.M.
During an interview with the Arbiters of A&R podcast, Blige’s A&R Eddie Fourcell revealed that this new project is done and is currently in the mixing phase.
A buzz single “American Skin (41 Shots)” with the collaboration of Kendrick Lamar was premiered back in October. The lead single “Thick of It“ was released officially on October 7th.
“U + Me (Love Lesson)“ was launched as the album’s second single on February 17th. The anticipated Kanye West-assisted track “Love Yourself“ was released as instant grat with the pre-order of the album on March 31st.
A music video for the album’s title track “Strength of a Woman” was premiered on the same day of the album’s release. It was directed by Andrew Sandler.
- Love Yourself (feat. Kanye West) | Darhyl Camper Jr., Charles Hinshaw, Kanye West, Mary J. Blige, David D. Brown & I. Andrews
- Thick of It | John Kenneth Goodison, Mary J. Blige, J. Sullivan, Darhyl “DJ” Camper & Phil Wainman
- Set Me Free
- It’s Me
- Glow Up (feat. Quavo, DJ Khaled & Missy)
- U + Me (Love Lesson) | David D. Brown, Mary J. Blige, Charles Hinshaw & Brandon Hodge
- Thank You
- Find the Love
- Smile (feat. Prince Charlez)
- Telling the Truth (feat. KAYTRANADA)
- Strength of a Woman
- Hello Father